Altitude : 2 130 m
- 17th of June to 2nd of October 2016.
- Week-ends of the 4th and 11th of June 2016.
Owner: The village of Venosc
L’Alleau, on the banks of Le Vénéon river, opposite the village of Venosc. The GR54 path starts there, towards the Lac de la Muzelle and the refuge. You must first cross the hamlet and find the partially paved track. The climb is quite steep, ¾ hour walk to reach Le Pleynet, ruins that witness to the past, plus a nice shady fountain.
The path gradually leaves the forest and goes on following the Torrent de la Pisse stream, and its waterfalls coming from the Glacier de la Muzelle. The high mountain flora becomes more diverse and a less dense vegetation gives way to the summits.
After crossing the footbridge of Le Clos du Sela (1910m), the climb becomes harder on the slate quarries and meadows. Once arrived in the peat bogs, the glacier and the summit of La Muzelle reflect in the lake of the same name. This panoramic cirque offers an unrestricted view over the Col de la Muzelle, Le Clapier du Peyron, La Muraillette, the Col du Vallon, L’Aiguille de Venosc…
The refuge is located on the lake’s side, an all-wood house built in 1968, thanks to the only willingness
A word from the hut keeper
Being a hut’s hut keeper: a magic that is repeated every spring. You just have to open the doors. You know that you will relive strong moments in contact with hikers and climbers. The welcome, the host table, a good soup… and the mood settles. The word « friendliness » then takes its full meaning, a restless night and a breakfast. Where are you going? The groups are formed. We, hut keepers of the refuges, have to save these exchanges.
From the hut:
- Col de la Muzelle (2613m) towards Valsenestre (4hours)
- Col du Vallon (2531m) towards the Lac du Lauvitel and La Danchère (4hours)
- The foot of the glacier (2581m)
- Le Pied Barry, La Coche with a descent to Lanchâtra (5hours, difficult)
- L’Aiguille de Venosc (2830m) 4hours – F
- La Muraillette (3019m) 4hours – F, or a PD climbing route with a descent via normal route.
- The Col Jean Martin (3257m) 4hours – AD
- La Roche de la Muzelle (3465m), via the Col Jean Martin. 6hours – AD