Altitude : 2 430 m
summer 70 – winter 14
From the mountain pass, take the track (closed to vehicles) off to the right. Follow the bends up to the northern pass before you descend to the refuge which is located at the foot of the dam at the Lac Bramant.
Accessible to everyone, the path has no particular danger.
As the main refuge of Les Grandes Rousses, it offers an access to the glacier and the summit of the Etendard, in a beautiful alpine lakes setting. »
A word of the hut
The Etendard, the Barbarate or the Quirlies certainly are wonderful destinations for climbers or those practising ski touring; but the refuge also offers the opportunity to fish in the lakes, to go mountain-biking or even to go hiking with donkeys.
Cédric and Camille
From the hut
- Dôme de la Cochette (3041m) 3hours
- Aiguille de la Laisse (2879m) : 2 hours
- Crossing to Clavans, and the Alpe d’Huez.
Mountaineering and ski touring
- L’Etendard (3464m) : 4-5 hours of PD glacier climbing.
- Cîme de la Valette (2858m) : 3hours F climb
- Pic du Grand Sauvage (3216m) : 3½ hours