Altitude: 2 106 m
Owners: Sébastien Louvet and Sylvie Jacob
The car park is reached above Villar d’Arène, at the foot of La Meije, following signposts for the “Pied du Col” and then the “Pas de l’ ne” gite. Carry on past the gite, along the paved track (the snow is not cleared in winter!) to the last car park. Take your rucksack and walking poles, following the GR54 path to the Col and the Lac d’Arsine. You will soon come to the Pas d’Anna Falque waterfall, where the path gets steeper.
Cross over the stream and follow the path that winds its way up a 300 m height gain to the last larch trees. You are now at the Passage de Payrou, where the climb stops and you are greeted by marmots!
Welcome to the Plan de l’Alpe and its herds of cows, against a distant backdrop of the north face of the Agneaux (3664m) and pastureland that extends for miles as far as the Col d’Arsine (2340m). Carry on along a relatively flat path towards the hut that you will see from a distance nestled against the mountainside, protected from storms and winter avalanches…
You can also get to the hut from the Col du Lautaret via the Sentier des Crevasses. This route is slightly longer and not as steep..
A word from the hut keeper
If stones could speak! The foundations of this 19th-century former shepherds’ hut could tell some tales, whether about shepherds, mountain climbers, hunters or even juicier stories… Now restored using traditional methods and materials, the new Chamoissière chalet-hut welcomes you in a magnificent setting, solely devoted to your comfort, pleasure and well-being!
Sébastien Louvet et Sylvie Jacob
From the hut
- The col and lac d’Arsine (2340m et 2455m, 1½ – 2 hours)
- The source of the Romanche (2150m, 1hour)
- The hut can also be a comfortable stopover on the Tour de l’Oisans (GR54) or to access the high-altitude huts in this area, namely the Refuge du Pavé (2841m; 3 hours) and the Refuge Adèle Planchard (3169m, 4hours
Mountaineering and ski touring
- Pointe des Agneaux (3664m)
- Pointe de Chamoissière (3215m)
- Pic de Neige Cordier (3613m)
- Stopover on the Tour de La Meije on the way to the Glacier Blanc