Altitude : 1 805 m
– On week-ends from the 1st to the 14th of June 2017, on week-days with prior booking.
– From the 15th of June to the 15th of September 2017.
– On week-ends from the 16th to the 30th of September 2017, on week-days with prior booking.
– Off season: ask the hut keeper.
Owner: Les Jarrets d’Acier
From the hamlet of les Granges, he first step is to walk below the village to the bridge over the Vénéon river (1214m).Then take the path that rises in zigzags at the foot of cascade de la Froide Pisse waterfall, to the shelf of l’Alpe du Pin, then to the refuge.
A second longer route is also possible from the hamlet of Le Clôt: pass the hamlet first, then move down to the bridge over the Vénéon riverThe road goes up into the forest to the alpine chalets of Gassaudia, leaving on your left the path up to Le Souchet and on your right the path along the left bank of the Vénéon river. From the chalets, the route descends towards the Mariande stream, then up the opposite slope. Leave on your left the path towards the bottom of the valley, and take on your right the large shelf, known as Le Travers des Lacs, to the shoulder rock on which the refuge is built.
Departure is also possible from the lake shore walking Vénéon left and through the hamlet of L’Anchâtra.
A word from the hut keepers
Built in 1947 as part of the Youth and Mountain program, the refuge of L’Alpe du Pin has kept the charm of the early last century huts. Its rustic but comfortable aspect makes it an attractive place where mountain lovers enjoy meeting. In addition, it is built on a remarkable natural belvedere which provides a vivid overview of the entrance of the Vallée du Haut Vénéon.
Carine Magne & Judith Amardeil
From the hut:
- Lac de la Mariande (2604m)
- Col de la Mariande (2940m)
- Lac du Salude
- Circuit La Bérarde > Les Étages by the left bank of Vénéon > cascade de la Muande > la Gassaudière > the refuge
- Col de la Haute Pisse (3038m)
- Tête de Lauranoure (3323m)
- Climbing route of Le Pierroux (topo at the refuge)
- Climbing route at the cascade de la Froide Pisse